Global Marketing Director Food & Beverages
Within our division Health Nutrition and Human (HNH) we are currently looking for a Global Marketing Director Food & Beverages (F&B). You will report into the VP Global HNH Strategic Marketing, based in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
About the Food & Beverage market:
- It’s one of the Strategic markets of the Human Nutrition & Health Business Unit. Other segments are Early Life Nutrition, Dietary Supplements, Pharma and Nutrition Improvement Program
- The F&B business forms a significant proportion of the Human Nutrition and Health annual turnover.
- The F&B market is characterized by both a few large Global players with regional strong brands as well as regional specific brands. The job requires strong connection with the different regions and active regional brands
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of a global Food & Beverage business strategy to ensure growth in the Food & Beverage market segments, captured in a Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Decision maker for the business development strategy, as well as market implementation.
- Setting of financial objectives as part of the long-term plan, including global marketing spend and budgeting
- Drive innovation and technological improvements of DSM products and solutions. Build up market knowledge, anticipation of market trends, consumer and partner needs and evaluation of competitive environment
- Steer and direct regional implementation of Food & Beverage plan in line with the strategy and ensure achievement of agreed objectives
- Collaboration with Key Account Managers for specific chosen customers
- Support the global team and liaise with necessary internal and external stakeholders to agree on a global strategy and action plan
- Share best practices with regions to ensure global impact.
- Support regional teams with creation of communications and marketing collaterals around F&B’s value proposition.
- Master Degree in Food Technology / Nutrition and an MBA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience with at least:
- 3 years experience in B2B sales preferably in nutritional ingredients
- 3 years experience of experience in B2C marketing & Brand management
- Passionate about nutrition combined with a strong industry and market knowledge, in-depth know-how about human nutrition products and applications
- Experience in B2C marketing, networking, and general sales & marketing competencies
- Strong communication and social skills combined with cultural understanding and awareness.
- Energetic, passionate & outside the box thinking
- Knowledge of the vitamin and micronutrient fortification business and human nutrition product portfolio
- Inspirational people manager with strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Good coordination, priority setting and involvement of colleagues
- Excellent English and at least fluent in any other major language