The DSM Innovation Center accelerates and supports innovation within DSM. In close cooperation with the DSM Business Groups, this department plays an important part in achieving DSM’s innovation objectives.
For the business and market insight team of the DSM Innovation Center we are looking for an ambitious colleague to fill in the spider-in-the-web position of Senior Business Analyst.click here to apply directly at DSM
Senior Business Analyst
In this role, you will support a number of challenging innovation programs of the DSM Innovation Center as well as being active in shaping potential innovation areas. The analyst we are looking for has excellent consulting skills, proven financial skills, proven interest in web-based systems supporting insights development and will act as challenger/sparring partner in the projects he/she is involved in. The analyst will be part of the BINC analyst team and needs to have the potential to develop into the role of business creation manager and/or business development manager.
Topics to focus on in this position are related to emerging business areas in solar as well as 3D printing. In addition to these two topics the analyst will play a pivotal role in the team with respect to further development and implementation of new and existing web-based insights systems. The innovation environment is highly dynamic and versatile (fuzzy front-end) and only a fraction of the studies we embark upon results in future business for DSM. You are aware of existing and applied methodologies for acquiring information and generating insights and you see room for improvement and actively contribute to these improvements.
- Responsible for executing market research into selected areas, contribution to the generation of market launch plans and activities as well as securing quality and consistency of the strategic data set
- Generating market insights and making recommendations for further business development.
- Understanding the business issues and development challenges of both the market as well as DSM and are capable to combine conceptual, analytic and critical thinking skills and apply analytical frameworks and methodologies to collected insights.
- You will pro-actively set up and work together with both external and internal relations to achieve these tasks.
- Responsible for managing the insights4DSM market news and distribution process and play a (co)-leading role in the further development and implementation of web-based insight targeted systems and processes
- Using your financial expertise in translating market insights into financial risk based analysis
- Project execution and assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules. Representing your area of expertise, you will be part of the project teams for your focal areas
- Academic degree in either marketing/business administration, finance or applied science related areas with proven cross functional knowledge and interest
- A relevant track record and a strong interest in market research in a predominantly B2B environment.
- Proven experience in (financial) modelling for evaluating business opportunities
- Proven experience in managing external contacts and will pro-actively build new networks relevant for your assignments.
- Above average analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Excellent conceptual and solid judgment skills.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influence skills, to turn ideas into actions/ projects benefiting the business (English is the company language)
- Capability to facilitate workshops
- Ambitious high potential, self-propelling, team player.
- Willingness to travel and represent DSM in relevant industry bodies and events