For DSM Resins and Functional Materials (DRF)* we are looking for a: Project Manager CAPEX In this role you will be responsible to manage Capital projects for Hoek van Holland and other sites in the Netherlands and EMEA. These projects are related to Infrastructure, SHE Requirements, License to Operate, Life Time Extension and Business Opportunity. Your main location will be Hoek van Holland, but you’ll also be responsible for projects in other parts of the Netherlands or even within EMEA. Expected travel will therefore be approximately 25% of your time. In this position you will have 6 colleagues in EMEA and you will report to the regional Portfolio Manager.
Are you looking for a job where you have the responsibility for the preparation, planning, execution and close out of “Capital Projects”, with high complexity, high exposure, high business risks and/or high environmental impact? Where you have the responsibility for meeting project requirements in a safe manner, within the agreed project objectives and defined expectations with the Business?
Then we are looking for you!
- Accountable for translation of “Business Needs” into a project approach; defining, documenting and securing the Project Execution Plan and Contracting Strategy. Implement the relevant DSM requirements and Work processes.
- Accountable for project controls: project cost estimating, planning/scheduling, project benchmarking, effective cost control/forecasting, effective project progress control, contracting/procurement-plans, cash flow management and financial status of the project.
- Standardize project management procedures and ensure work process steps are effectively completed and implemented. Set up, standardize and manage effective and appropriate project controls to control costs, schedule, SHE and scope.
- Ensure integration with other work processes (e.g. Improve plant, Turn-around, Start-up, etc.).
- Accountable for development and implementation of Project Quality Control and Assurance.
- Report the project progress versus the project plan to the project owner and review team on a regular basis.
- Organize and Implement contractor and sub-contractor management per location.
- Coaching the project team and the engineering and construction contractors involved, through all the project phases from Feasibility/Conceptual/Basic to Construction, Commissioning and handover to operations.
- Identify the SHE risks within the project and mitigate by coaching the project team and agreeing SHE plans for the relevant project phases.
- Involve and cooperate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Advice and support business management with the definition of business cases.
- Support other projects in an appointed role (e.g. project director, review team member, etc.)
- Support Regional Portfolio Manager with Forecast and EMEA Portfolio Management.
- Responsibility in Special Assignments.
- Master degree in Process Control / Engineering (Preferred) or Mechanical.
- Good knowledge and experience in managing capital projects (Small Capital Project from 50 kE to 1 mlnE and Large Capital Projects > 1-10 mlnE).
- 10 years’ experience in project engineering/ project management role. Proven Project Management Skills.
- Certified project management methodology (eg.: IPMA, PMP, Prince2).
- Experience with operational manufacturing work processes and working experience in production site.
- Entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Experience with LEAN Manufacturing / LEAN 6σ.
- Good team player personality, positive working attitude and a high service orientation.
- Strong people leadership skills
- Working in international, cross-functional and intercultural teamwork anywhere in the world.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
The Procedure and Contact
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply on line by sending us your CV in English. You may add a motivational letter if desired.
For additional questions, please contact David van der Velden, Recruitment Business Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-46941362)
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
The Business Unit DSM Coating Resins (DCR) is part of the Business Group DSM Resins and Functional Materials within the performance materials cluster of DSM. It is our ambition to become a globally recognized partner for sustainable innovation in specialty resins & functional materials. DRF is headquartered in Amsterdam (NL) and has production sites in the Netherlands, Spain, Germany, USA and China.
Click here to apply directly at DSM or apply through your ambitionOne career concierge, or leave your details below;